Curious Ridgid Power Tool Warranty

Here's a tip that could be useful at Home Depot, since they sell Rigid equipment . . .

A year or two ago, I bought a universal mitre saw stand from Home Depot that had been their display model. I was doing this through the contractor counter, and as I'm paying for it the guy I'm dealing with tells me, "If you have any problems, just bring it back." He then hands me a receipt that's printed on an 8x1/2" x 10" sheet of paper with a laser printer. I must have looked at this reciept a bit quizically because he then told me, "Hey, anytime you need to buy something expensive and want to get a receipt that won't fade on you, bring it to the contractor counter and we'll ring it up here."

So, that might be worth doing if you don't have ready access to a copier or scanner for the regular thermal printed recepts from Home Depot. I've done this several times at my local store, I have no idea though if this is a policy that's honored at all the stores.

Reply to
Bob Moos

They might do like AMD does. Anytime I get a clients (or one of my own) system with a bad CPU less than 3 years old they replace it with the slowest of the current processors. At times it is enough of a change to require a new MB, but it in one case has resulted in a system that gets upgradded every 2 and a half years at a very low cost.

My sister in law's late husband bought her a Dell witht he warranty just before he passed away. She took a lightning strike and they replaced everything in the box. Even sent out a tech to do it for her. (Saved her having to haul the system 300+ miles down to me).

Sometimes companies really do honor warranties.

I'd sure like to find the outfit that does data recovery for 1500.00. Last drive I had recovered cost me 3200.00.

I have yet to see a waranty that was voided by upgrading a drive or adding an expansion card. I do it all the time and the day I kill a waranty will be the day I stop, and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Reply to
thug