Curious about shop space

I hear you. I've started building "helpers" to make it easier to move stuff around the shop. I suspect you've already seen my panel/sheet cart (photos at link below)...

Reply to
Morris Dovey

I have 1500 sqft and I have to walk around things to go through the shop. The design is very basic

30x50 and it's amazing how the space just disappears.

r> Is it really true, what they say? You will always find enough stuff to take

Reply to
Pat Barber

You sucketh!

Reply to
Leon

Guess I better keep _my_ mouth shut then, eh? :)

Reply to
Robatoy

Yes. I wouldn't call these "big", but here's mine:

stuff to outbuildings. People who are neater than I am are always offering me the stuff they don't want to have cluttering up THEIR shops. At age 69, I am finally starting to say "no", but the damage has already been done.

Just Google "my shop" and see what others do----

Pete Stanaitis

------------------------------

r I

Reply to
spaco

"J. Clarke" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news3.newsguy.com:

Ah, there's nothing like freshly frozen clothes brought in from the line in 20F temperatures. :-)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Wrinkle-free!

Reply to
B A R R Y

Hell, we're cold here if it's 20C... After almost 2 years in Mexico, I think my wife has used the dryer twice.. She loves line drying..

Doesn't make a lot of difference to me, though, because in this house, the dryer is in the kitchen so I can't steal the plug for tools like I did in the garage in the States..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

More or less. My shop is 50'x50' and is used for prototyping and production of solar heating panels that are typically either 4'x6' or

8'x6', so there's a need for machining, assembly, finishing, and packing sizable objects.

My problem hasn't so much been that I keep finding stuff to take up the room as that I keep building new tools and shop accessories to make the work easier - and I've discovered that there's a point of diminishing returns beyond which each new labor-saving accessory reduces the available space so as to make the job less easy.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Oh boy, do I know what you mean. Countertops are notoriously flat, big and awkward and in many cases need to be worked on from all angles. Just to make the strips which are then used in the fabrication process. Too floppy for unsupported transport between the table saw and the shaper, that combo alone 8 x 24. And, as with all horizontal surfaces, quickly covered in sanders, boxes, sinks, 30 x 144" sheet inventories which have to be stored flat and 4 x 8' stock//and then rolls of laminate.... almost 2000 sq ft and all that's left is a narrow path to the coffee machine. And I haven't even mentioned the General Gorilla yet.

But... there's a salmon swimming in Georgian Bay which doesn't have a clue that the next item it bites into has a line attached to a Robbie at the other end. Light the Q, food is coming. I am soooooooooo outta here.

*poof*
Reply to
Robatoy

What time is dinner?

I'll bring desert, got an apple pie, vanilla ice cream, and some old cheddar.

/me loads cooler and hops in the car.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Google "My Workshop" (use the quotes!)