Curious about bubbles from stain

This is NOT, I repeat NOT a problem for me; just curiosity: I brushed on some oil modified Bonakemi DriFast stain onto filled-pore red oak. I wiped it off after a couple of minutes and proceeded to the next piece. I glanced back at the first item I wiped off and there were a few tiny bubbles of stain showing. I wiped them off and then a minute or so later, a few more bubbles appeared. This isn't a big deal, doesn't cause any problems, but I don't understand why the stain bubbles up out of the wood after a few minutes. After the 3rd wiping it remained clear of bubbles.
Just wondering what is the process by which wiped-off stain re-appears? Capillary action? bad karma? :)
Seriously, though, can anyone 'splain this?
dave
It's the stain oozing back out of the pores of the oak. Don't flood the stain on and wipe down faster, i.e. less soak time. Also constant or dropping temperature and working out of sunlight is recommended. You should also consider spraying on the stain.
--
Rumpty

Also, ideally the stain and the wood should be the same temperature.
--
Rumpty

they were.
Rumpty wrote:

temp was between 60 and 65. again, Rumpty, this caused no problems. I just rewiped the surface twice and all the oozing cleaned up. I'm just curious what makes the material come up out of the pores in a few places.
dave
Rumpty wrote:

Dave,
You are using a fast dry stain and finish, why?
--
Rumpty

the name of the product is Bonakemi DriFast stain (it's oil modified). It doesn't REALLY dry too fast. It does allow for top coating a lot quicker than Minwhacks, and it is compatible with water borne floor finishes as well as poly and all the other finishes. It's a great product. I've seen Minwhacks stain come back up from the pores of oak after a little while also. Just curious; not concerned.
dave
Rumpty wrote:

>I've seen Minwhacks stain come back up from the pores of oak after a little while also.
Ya that's common with Minwax and other oil products such as Watco in red oak. BTW I spray hydrocote resistane over Minwax 2 hours after staining, it works well.

OK.
--
Rumpty