Cummins Industrial Tools

A few months ago, I bought a voltmeter and electrical tool set at one of those traveling tool shows that was in town. Later on I determined that it did not work. Iwas just going to toss it but then I sent them an email and miracle of miracles today I received a refund check. No requirement that I send them the non-functioning meter back. It did take them awhile (the lady I emailed with said they were undergoing a computer changeover and warned me it would take a while to get done) but its hard to quibble too much.

Incidentally, it appeared to me the meter they sold me is a near duplicate of the cheapo meter HF sells with a different brand name on it and a different color plastic. I bought one at HF several years ago for $5 or so on sale, and it works OK. Seems to read high on 480V but otherwise seems close. I bought it for taking with me so if I leave it somewher I won't be all that steamed up about it.

Reply to
bob peterson

I've been surprised by the good service I've received from travelling tools shows like those held by Homier. I've also been dismayed by so called retailers like Sears (who once processed a return as a sale, thus charging me twice, and then requiring about a dozen phone calls to straighten out).

Reply to
AL

You want to get a real shock about sears, check out their selling account on ebay. It has a really abominable feedback record.

Reply to
Bob Peterson

I bought some cheap sheet metal wall cabinets from Homier last time they came through. can't beat them for $20. next time they come through I plan to get a couple more. they have a metal pegboard back to them. very useful and inexpensive. HF sells a duplicate of it for $40.

Reply to
Bob Peterson

Some other decent items from Homier:

-red floor standing sand blasting cabinet, around $100. HF has a similar one on sale for $200.

-50' rubber air hose with spring loaded retractable reel. Just like the ones in the auto shops. Around $40. HF has them around $80-$100.

-six wheeled molded plastic car creeper. I forget how much, but cheap.

-one piece welded steel mobile base (with foot pedal) for 14" bandsaw. It fits my HF saw. I think it fits the Jet and possibly the Delta. This base is very nice. $15.

Reply to
AL