Cubby bench

I am looking for plans for an entrance way bench with cubby holes under the bench for storage baskets. similar to the one pictured here
http://www.missiontimedesigns.com/products/CF0003t.jpg
Thanks in advance, Wil Harper

Do a search for "deacon's bench". Lots of plans out there.
--
Talking about art is like dancing about architecture - Frank Zappa

As well Will, this is the kind of project that with a modicum of skill/knowledge, you really don't need plans. Don't get frustrated if you don't find plans or if you don't find what you thought plans *should* be - just work off of the picture and go for it. Much more rewarding that way sometimes. Sometimes you end up with the most interesting geometric shapes...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

Right. I usually work such projects backwards. Find the storage baskets first and design the bench around them. The baskets will look better in a cubby that is a nice tight fit, rather than a sloppy fit which is almost guaranteed buying the baskets after the fact...unless you're planning on weaving your own baskets! It's simpler than finding plans and having to modify them.
I built something similar for our kids using a bunch of cubbie drawers from Hold Everything (SWMBO had to have the colors). We ordered the drawers, then I story-sticked some plans together myself.
The sizes of the baskets should drive everything for you, as mentioned in another post.
Wil Harper wrote:

sitting bench for our living room by the window to hold toys for the kids. I thought this would have a nice look to it and clean up some of the toy clutter. Please post a link if you find any plans. Thanks