Cubby bench

I am looking for plans for an entrance way bench with cubby holes under the bench for storage baskets. similar to the one pictured here

in advance, Wil Harper

Reply to
Wil Harper

Do a search for "deacon's bench". Lots of plans out there.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

As well Will, this is the kind of project that with a modicum of skill/knowledge, you really don't need plans. Don't get frustrated if you don't find plans or if you don't find what you thought plans *should* be - just work off of the picture and go for it. Much more rewarding that way sometimes. Sometimes you end up with the most interesting geometric shapes...

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Right. I usually work such projects backwards. Find the storage baskets first and design the bench around them. The baskets will look better in a cubby that is a nice tight fit, rather than a sloppy fit which is almost guaranteed buying the baskets after the fact...unless you're planning on weaving your own baskets! It's simpler than finding plans and having to modify them.

RicodJour

I built something similar for our kids using a bunch of cubbie drawers from Hold Everything (SWMBO had to have the colors). We ordered the drawers, then I story-sticked some plans together myself.

The sizes of the baskets should drive everything for you, as mentioned in another post.

Reply to
Mike Reed

I am also looking for some plans similar to these. I want to build a sitting bench for our living room by the window to hold toys for the kids. I thought this would have a nice look to it and clean up some of the toy clutter. Please post a link if you find any plans. Thanks

Reply to
JC507