crown moulding

I am new to woodworking, how do you cut crown moulding that already has a base on it, for kitchen cabinets, on the table saw? Do you set the blade at 45 and the mitre gauge at 221/2?? and switch to the opposite side for the matching angle?? The face will have to face down on the table or better on a sled, is this true?? I want advice before I make my first cut as I don't want to waste this nice hickory. Thanks everybody.Tom M.
http://www.dewalt.com/us/articles/printable.asp?ArticleID=2
This is off Dewalt's site and is the best description I have ever found.

time before touching anything expensive.
Norm said "upside down and backwards". That is the best description of how you do this on a chop saw, but I would expect a rather lengthy learning curve. It is a little easier to learn on a compound miter saw. My first trial was a complete success. Jim