CROSSBOW

http://www.totse.com/en/bad_ideas/guns_and_weapons/ezcrsbw.html I don't recall seeing this one before. No plans as such, but seem to be comprehensive directions, by a responsible individual.
JOAT Don't e-mail me while I'm breathing.
J T wrote:

If you can find a copy, "The Crossbow", by Ralph Payne-Gallwey is to some extent a project book, with enough information to make two or three different designs including a real windlass-drawn medieval warbow. Of course sending to Trieste to have the bow made may be a bit of a hassle these days . . .
Note that car springs are a good idea in principle but they're horribly light for crossbow use. A spring leaf off an 18-wheeler is more in the ballpark.
--
--John
On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 09:59:56 -0400, "J. Clarke"

Shoudl be easy to find - it's reprinted regularly.
Here's a 1/8th scale model of an onager from the book. http://www.jarkman.co.uk/catalog/random/onager.htm The throwing arm is a 12" hammer shaft.
I also made a 1/10th model for my son.
--
Smert' spamionam