critter spray gun

Has anyone used this spray gun http://www.crittersprayproducts.com/ I was thinking of buying it and using it to paint what I make instead of a pray can. Anything good or back to say?
Don D.
I have one. I use it. It's easy to clean, does a good job on a small compressor.

Don,
The only thing I have sprayed with mine is Shellac, but it worked great for this.
David

It works all right for water based poly, too. Thin it some, depending on temperature, etc.
It's not an Apollo. It's $50, though.
Patriarch, who has used his maybe twice?
Where can I get one?
--Steve
Don D. wrote:

http://www.rockler.com/findit.cfm?page 02&sid236
Unfortunately I can't access the internet right now to check the price at Rockler but Leevalley.com carries them as well and if I remember correctly, they were very competitively priced. cheers, cc
<Steve> wrote in message

Yup. Rockler = $49.99 and their out of stock. Lee Valley $41.50 http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p 048&cat=1,190,43034 Cheers, cc

39.95 on Amazon. Free shipping. Delivery in two weeks.
On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 21:35:00 -0600, "James \"Cubby\" Culbertson"

It'a a nice little gun that will shoot "almost" anything. Easy to clean but remember, it's a very small pattern and takes more time to finish a project.
It's not really designed for spraying a set of kitchen cabinets but fine for simple chair or table.
As a side benefit, it shoots latex paint just fine.
Don D. wrote:

Don,
I've got a short review at http://wood.bigelowsite.com/reviews/critter.htm
Regards,
--
-Steve
http://woodworking.bigelowsite.com
On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 23:58:40 GMT, Stephen Bigelow wrote:

I see there are "wide mouth" and "regular" mason jars, both sold by the dozen. Which type works with the Critter?
--
Art Greenberg
artg AT eclipse DOT net

Regular. But the ones that work best are the ones you buy anyway, when purchasing bottled peaches, salad dressing or spaghetti sauce.
Regular mouth. I have the critter gun and like it for small jobs. The only drawback I see is the tendency to get dry material at the siphon point where the air stream sucks up the finish. But a little cleaning takes care of this. Larry

Looks like a big honkin airbrush. Interesting design.

Yep...think airbrush with a quart container.
NorthIdahoWWer wrote:

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 14:07:14 GMT, Pat Barber

Or pint if that's your druthers... I like the fact that I can store material (like shellac) in mason jars and then just plunk the spray top onto the jar and spray. Grab another jar with solvent and it's cleaned out. Very convenient.
TWS