Cremotary Urn

Sent out a beautiful crematory urn today, Poplar wood aged to a wonderful golden hue, finish like a mirror, 6 coats of poly each rubbed out and two coats of wax. Jewelry box top with brass fittings that shown like gold and looked wonderful with the hue of the poplar, green lining in the top that set off the wood perfectly. One of the best I have ever made. Wish I could have thrown it against the wall and smashed it to hell! rather then ship it. Brother in law will be buried in it Saturday. I know they wish to show me honer by asking me to make them but they are the hardest things to make I have ever done in my life, They hurt twice once when I make them and once when I ship them out. I wouldn't not make them for anything. Thanks for letting me vent.
sweet sawdust wrote:

You're welcome, bud. I'm sure they're a bitch to make. Thank you for sharing that with us.
But you did it, and you did the right thing. You already know that.
Yes, they showed you honour, and respect not only your talent but your love for the man - and for your sister. They included you in as loving a way as they could.
My condolences to you and your family.
Tanus
I've done that. I was honored that they asked me.
I understand your feelings. Most of my urns are made for pets. I have 4 in my shop for my past shop partners. it brings a lump to my throat every time I look at them. But I wouldn't have it other way other that have them alive.
sweet sawdust wrote:

--

Richard

Richard L. Rombold
sweet sawdust wrote:

I made one for my father-in-law who passed recently. I agree. It's the hardest thing to make. I was an emotional wreck the whole time I worked on it. I'm really glad I was asked to make it however, and am honored to have been asked by my family.
My condolences on your loss.
Rick http://www.thunderworksinc.com
<snip>
Thanks to all for your sympathy and condolences. I make these things up in advance so they are ready when needed. If I had to make them up as needed I wouldn't be able to function.
Sweet Sawdust

My sympathies, I once had to make one for a BIL, using wood from a tree his father had planted. Tough job, but they do look great with all the love we put into them
Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org

I made one for my dad last year. A final "I love you". I understand.
-- Doug

I made an urn for my wife of 27 years last year. I know how you feel.