Creating a cut diagram program

Page 2 of 2
"HeyBub" wrote:

Used to get my suits custom made at Richman Brothers in Cleveland, home of the "plain pipe rack" suit stores.
Back then, a standard suit was $80-$90.
A custom suit was a $10 premium over a standard suit in those days which was a heck of a deal.
Was given a tour of the factory where several laser cut machines were cutting out pieces for suits from bolts of cloth.
Was told the machines had been developed by Hughes Aircraft and adapted to the "rag trades" by Hughes.
Lew
On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 23:19:29 +0000, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Just out of curiosity, do you have an approximate year for that?

"Larry Blanchard" wrote:

Best guess: '71-'81
Lew
On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 09:51:08 -0700 (PDT), Chris

Chris, just a thought, but the free plugin for Sketchup, CutList 4.0, is a ruby script that contains the algorithms used to produce the html output. It can be read in any ASCII editor (i.e. Notepad). Might be able to get some ideas or reverse-engineer the code.
Before anyone flames me for encouraging copyright violation, the following is a quote from the script file:
<quote> # Copyright 2006-2008 Vendmr # Based on CutList.rb, Copyright 2005, CptanPanic # # Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software for # any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, provided something the above # copyright notice appear in all copies. </quote>
Google "Cutlist 4.0" for download links.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

I'll check that out. I also found a Delphi application that I'm trying to figure out.
Thanks!