Crazy? (on topic)

Page 2 of 2
On 1/28/2014 11:35 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:

Greg, you may also consider a Dewalt jobsite TS. They will do a lot. And if you look in Craigslist you will see many TS on sale. The nice thing about the Dewalt is the rack and pinion fence.. and the fences low bar, for cutting narrow , thin stock. In a garage workshop you can pick it up and put it to the side when not using it, and also just put it on a set of saw horses when you need it, or a bench.
--
Jeff

Piece of cake, and plenty strong.
On 1/25/2014 3:34 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Thanks, but I find cakes to be a challenge too. :)

Very simple to make funtional Not too hard to make pretty. But functional AND pretty can be a stretch!!

1. It isn't going to sag.
2. 20" is on the high side for a seat.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

It's comfortable for guys with long legs like mine.
On 1/25/2014 6:51 PM, dadiOH wrote:

Thanks

I quickly measured down from the office chair I was sitting in while I was drawing it. It's probably more like 19. But that drawing is far from a finished design in any case. It would be a good idea to try out some heights, measure some chairs, etc.

Except for ADA requirements, there are no real standards, but the following offers some good guidelines that are important when designing furniture for use by others:
http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/library/furnituredimensions.pdf
http://www.brezlin.com/design/chairguidelines.html
--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)

On 1/26/2014 1:13 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:

Is your office chair padded? Padding will be more comfortable if the height is a bit high. If your legs are hanging over a hard edge you might not be so comfortable. Any way our wooden dining room chairs with no padding are just under 17.75" high. Just something to think about. Furniture that you sit on/in needs to have more focus on comfort than aesthetics if you plan to use it for that purpose.
On 1/26/2014 12:43 PM, Leon wrote:

Yes. Definitely needs some more thinking. Luckily, it will probably be months before I get to actually build it.