Page 2 of 2
"B A R R Y" wrote

Take this heart:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v
OXbSJ82aA
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08
| | "B A R R Y" wrote | | > How can we improve if we don't know which transaction didn't earn the | > 5/5 by making the customer happy? | > | > I've been using Craigslist more and more... | | Take this heart: | |
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v
OXbSJ82aA |
I think the ones that showed up near this were even better.... LOL

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zQb6QCJTEB0&NR=1

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hYfSu3JFiek&feature=related

Swingman wrote:

Inspiring!
I like the shot of the Dali painting.
rec.woodworking:

You obviously ran into someone who understands rating systems, but not Ebay's flawed system.
Here's the way it's supposed to work: If you provide me with my expected level of service, I should rate you 3 out of 5. 4 would be if you gave me better-than-expected service, and you'd get a 5 if you drove over to my house for delivery. Notice--the only way to get a 5 is to be MUCH, MUCH better than anyone else. I would have rated you at 4 if I didn't know how Ebay's system works.
Ebay actually has only two scores. 5 is pass, and 1-4 are fail. Everyone eventually figures out pretty quickly not to deal with anyone below excellent, even though excellent really means average.
--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement
Steve wrote:

Absolutely correct!
Similar corporate "survey" rating systems work the same. Not knowing WHICH transaction received which score makes it even more useless.
B A R R Y wrote:

One of the problems is knowing how to "rate the rater". We run into the same problem with any kinds of surveys or assessments we do. To some people, everybody who works for them walks on water. For other people, the same personnel who are clearly outstanding rank only an average rating because they meet the rater's expectations and don't "wow" them.

"Mark & Juanita" wrote

In the US Army of the 60's and 70's, "Officer Efficiency Reports" (OER's), come immediately to mind.
Out of a possible "100" whole number rating, it soon came to pass that anything less than a "99" was a gold plated, toad sucking, slacker not worthy of promotion.
Not to mention that it also came to pass that there were simply not enough superlatives/adjectives in the English language to populate the intended OER of a truly excellent officer in order make it stand out from its brethren ... they'd all been used/abused to the point of triteness.
Based on the number of politician like Generals with the dead giveaway "Senatorial haircut", it's doubtful that things have changed.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08
Swingman wrote:

Do I hear that. We hired a retired AF guy a couple of years ago; great guy, excellent productivity. But when I read his annual performance review inputs, I cringe at the number of superlatives heaped upon his accomplishments. I know it is from his AF past, I've seen the same thing in resume's from AF people we look to hire. One guy whose resume I read, I would have chucked immediately with a "just another arrogant fighter jock" summary, but after interviewing him found out he was a down-to-earth really humble person. That whole OER thing really must get deeply ingrained.

Same with enlisted ratings. There were two ways to get promoted; get a "This airman ressurects the dead." or be known widely by name. It didn't matter Why you were widely known, just that the name was familiar. My name was widely know as a "Hell Raiser" and that seemed to be enough.
WD wrote:

Picked this out of the business section of the LA Times:
EBAY sues Craigslist over stake
EBay Inc. sued competitor Craigslist in a dispute over whether the Internet bulletin board tried to blunt EBay's ownership stake.
San Jose-based EBay alleged in the lawsuit that Craigslist, the Web's dominant classifieds listing service, took "unilateral actions" to dilute EBay's 28.4% stake by more than 10%.
The suit asked a Delaware Chancery Court to rescind the unspecified actions to protect EBay's stockholders and preserve its stake in Craigslist.
EBay bought a minority stake in 2004 and launched its own competing online classifieds site, call Kijiji, three years later in the U.S.
Have fun and mahalo,     jo4hn
[Kijiji?]
Have fun and mahalo, jo4hn
[Kijiji?]
--

I'd never even heard of it.... had to go have a look.
Interesting to say the least.
Kate wrote:

I've had good luck with Kijiji here in Canada. Locally, craigslist is a bit of a disappointment, so I guess it depends on where you live.
--

Tanus

This is not really a sig

Swahili for village.