Craftsman Table Saw Question

I recently purchased a craftsman table saw model #315.228390.

there appears to be holes for attaching a second side to the blade cradle which would enclose the blade and provide the second half of the connector for a shop vac to the cradle. I assume that this cradel is used on many different models of saws and am wondering if anyone might have the sears part number for the second side. My cradle is part number 979897-001

Thanks, Bilbo

Reply to
Bilbo

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 19:16:53 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@the-shire.com Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

yea, they look that way, and i had thought of doing just that, but i have yet to come across any parts on the sears parts site to that effect. i had the idea of making my own, and then thought better of it after i in visioned it breaking and comming in contact with the blade. . .

Traves

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock

Yes, there is a kit that has a plastic plate and a dust collection bag that fits on there - I have one on my Sears TS. And yes a standard 2

1/2" dust hose will fit in the opening. But I've found that whenever I use a dado blade, I have to take it off (6 screws). I have NO idea what the part number is though. From their web site it **Might be** Sears #: 00922100000. Ask the sales guys/gals they should know...

gimp

Reply to
gimp

You would actually trust what the 8.00 hr teenagers would think at Sears?!

Reply to
yobosaeyo