Craftsman Table Saw eating bearings type 6202Z

This is a loud rattling noise when running and roughness when you turn the blade slowly by hand. The pulleys are tight and in line.

..Joe L

Reply to
Joe

Joe, Normally there is some kind of spacer between the inner races of two housed ball bearings. The arbor shaft spans the distance between the two inner races. If there was no spacer you could tighten the retaining nut for the arbor (opposite blade end) so tight the inner races will be preloaded to the point of early failure. If after the installation of new bearings the arbor does not spin freely something is wrong.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Krecak

Now I understand you. In this case, the bearings are just pressed on the arbor shaft to the point where opposite of the blade end, you snap on an O-ring to secure the assembly. The only resistance I fell after installing them is the thick grease used in the sealed bearings.

Thanks for the suggestion!

..Joe L

Reply to
Joe