Craftsman Style House Number Frame

Designing/implementing a small frame for a client's Frank Lloyd Wright house numbers was a pleasant little project after the pesky chair reproduction ... and the "0"'s orientation would make a good Trivia question.:
http://www.e-woodshop.net/Projects12.htm
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06

Flloyds own "Exhibition" lettering style.
Drains nicely.
Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /
Very attractive. We live in a Deck House which takes a lot of inspiration from Wright's prarie style. That would like nice at our house too.

Swingman wrote:

I like it. It upholds that thing FLW always did. Bust the conventions in search of a more playful look. The convention that the 'o' is always a bit bigger that its neighbours, was handled FLW's way... make it smaller instead. His hits were always way bigger than his plentyful misses. I always admired the chances he took. "you can't get to second base and keep one foot on first."
r---> who has a huge library of FLW books. Him and Gropius...Mies...Klee...Piet.....
On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 15:44:53 -0500, Swingman wrote:

FLW and R. Buckminster Fuller are a couple of my favorite thinkers. I used to work for Dominos Pizza and the Ann Arbor headquarters was FLW inspired. From the highway you'd see a single story and a wide, low roof. The building is actually three storys and houses a humungo refrigerator, dough factory, training facilities, museum(s), company stores and offices and a LOT of rental space.
If you surf over to the Smithsonian website you can look at a number of his sketches and so on.
Bill

For some reason I had never ventured onto your site except for a quick look here or there. This morning I went to look at the number frame and then saw the desk, a table, another table, the new kitchen, and on and on. Very impressive to say the least!
"Joe Bemier" wrote in message

Thanks for the kind words, Joe.
--
www.e-woodshop.net