Craftsman RAS upgrade and adjustment questions

I just purchased a used Craftsman RAS and reassembled it. I ordered and received the package to do the recall upgrade for the guard and the table but have yet to install any of that. I discovered that the motor is very wobbly on the track and I know that needs to be remedied because it would impact on all the other adjustments. My questions all related to when and in what order I should do the adjustments. The manual has a series of procedures to adjust the blade to the table, etc, and the manual suggests a method to remove the wobbling by one of these procedures. Then I have all the changes that come with the recall upgrade. Is there a reasonable process to follow to install and adjust everything? Thanks in advance for your help.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Nuzum

You need to get the wobble out of the motor first. The carriage bearings can be adjusted if they aren't too worn. The tracks can be replaced if they

*are* too worn. There are other steps for making adjustments for wear that should be in your manual. After the wear adjustments are made, follow the manuals instruction for leveling the table and squaring the crosscut, etc.

Max

Reply to
Max

Things need to be done in this order:

1) Install the new table parts. The new guard can wait, as the adjustments are done with the guard removed. 2) Adjust the carriage bearings so there's no play as the motor moves on its track. 3) Do the adjustments in the order detailed in the manual. 4) Then do a series of test cuts (4 45 deg miters to make a square frame, 4 sides of a square and see if the last cut is parallel to the first) to see if all the adjustments are OK.

Good luck!

Reply to
JeffB