Craftsman radial arm saw table

Because of the configuration of the new blade guard, a new table was required to accommodate it. They also sent the table.

infrequently.

Reply to
CW

If all you're missing is the fence itself, measure the width of the existing table and chop a 1"x2" to length. That's your starting point and your fence. Want it a bit higher? Use the one you just made with the 1"x2" to rip whatever height you'd like. In fact, rip two since you'll occasionally want to replace the fence and you chew it up with slightly angled cuts, etc.

FWIW, if no one has the manual scanned for you, it's still available from Sears for $7.49.

Pretty good diagrams of the various parts of the saw are available on line as well.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

replying to Peter Wells, VERN THEIS IN ZEPHYRHILLS FL 33542 wrote: i also just a sears radial arm saw with same no. as yours it was new in 1972. my question do you know where i can get the two arbor wenches for that saw? and also just out that all those saws were on recall i can see why they are very dangerous just be careful. i am waiting to hear from my email address is just below thank you hopely we can keep in contact each other

Reply to
VERN THEIS IN ZEPHYRHILLS FL

replying to VERN THEIS IN ZEPHYRHILLS FL, brian welch wrote: Vern, I have some extra wrenches for that saw...Please confirm which arbor wrench you need (I Think there were 2 different sizes, one is around 9/16", the other is closer to 3/4"). I also have the wrench or the arbor nut as well...A couple dollars each plus shipping, if that is okay with you...Let me know Thanks

Reply to
brian welch

If you can't find what you need - have them made at a machine shop. A cnc machine shop can do it nicely. A manual one can as well.

Mart> reply> i also just a sears radial arm saw with same no. as yours it was new in > 1972.

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

There's nothing magic about the wrenches--I forget the sizes but a couple of combo wrenches from Sears will work fine.

As for the recall, the improved guard just gets in the way--I used it for a while and put the original back on. The replacement table is just three pieces of MDF with some holes drilled in them.

Reply to
J. Clarke

There seems to be no shortage of Craftsman radial arm saw arbor wrenches on eBay.

Here's one example:

Joe

Reply to
Just Another Joe