Craftsman radial arm saw table

Page 2 of 2

Patrick Fischer wrote:

If all you're missing is the fence itself, measure the width of the existing table and chop a 1"x2" to length. That's your starting point and your fence. Want it a bit higher? Use the one you just made with the 1"x2" to rip whatever height you'd like. In fact, rip two since you'll occasionally want to replace the fence and you chew it up with slightly angled cuts, etc.
FWIW, if no one has the manual scanned for you, it's still available from Sears for $7.49.
Pretty good diagrams of the various parts of the saw are available on line as well.
<<A friend gave me this saw (Model 113.197602) but it has no fence. I appreciate the measurements. If it isn't too much trouble, a pdf of the manual would REALLY be appreciated!>>
Get in touch with Emerson Tool Company and see if they can supply you a manual. Sears sells the manuals but Emerson might give you one for nothing.
Lee

Lee Gordon

information for locating the position of table should still be valid.
http://benchnotes.com/Radial%20Arm%20Table/radial_arm_table.html
Whether Craftsman will replace the guard and table depends on the age of the saw, later models qualify, otherwise you get $100 to stop using the saw.
Feel free to contact me through the link on Bench Notes if you have any questions.
FrankC
--
http://benchnotes.com