Craftsman Radial Arm Saw

Mine qualified for the recall and just came in with the new top. Same as before - particle board. My old one had swollen due to moisture (it's humid here in Houston) and I would appreciate thoughts on the best preventative. Should I paint, varnish, epoxy coat or what? I'd like to protect this one from the same fate. Any advice will be appreciated.

Reply to
REMOVE

I sealed all the exposed edges with tung oil and haven't had a problem.

Reply to
Vic Baron

I've replaced the original top on my RAS twice since it was new in 1978. I use 3/4" MDF sealed with polyurethane, all sides. It's just about due for replacement again.

Max

Reply to
Max