Craftsman plane 5CBB ?

Hi All,
So, before I give you the longer story, basically I'm looking for some info on this plane. The "5CBB" is stamped in the side of the sole, and the "BB" strangely seems to be a smaller font than the "5C." I could take a pic and post a link later.
This was my grandfathers - mom's dad. Not exactly sure where in time he bought it - he died long before I was born. My mom, the oldest, was born in '31. I also have a "Machinists Handbook" that was his that is copyright 1919. He worked as a tool and die maker.
I'd like to get this plane back into serviceable condition, and I've found a few links in other rec.ww threads on that. But it's mostly sentimental; I have no desire to sell the plane, just thought someone could tell me more about it.
Oh yeah, I did indeed DAGS - and got nada!
Thanks, Chris
Wow, no replies yet!
You can see two images of the plane here:
http://www.compassimages.com/pub/Woodworking/images /
Any help?
Thanks again, Chris

Chris,
I think it's Dunlap -- a Jack plane. I've got a partial Dunlap that's a 4<something> (4b? 4d? 4db? don't remember).
I've seen a few from time to time on *bay, but it's been a long while since I've looked.
Clean it up, and use it ... and think of your Grandpa.
Regards, JT
Thanks JT. I did some searching on Dunlap planes, found references and some pics; not sure mine is (and now seeing DLs post below w/ the Ebay link), because the Dunlaps I found pics of all said that on the wedge iron; mine says Craftsman (though my pics don't show it).
But yes, the connection to the past is the most valuable part.
-Chris

Chris,
I should have been a bit more specific; Sears has (almost) all of their stuff made by someone else -- I think Whirlpool makes (or made) Kenmore washer/dryers, for example.
So while your plane says "Craftsman", I'm pretty sure it was made by Dunlap -- as it looks just like the Dunlap plane that I've got, and others that I've seen.
But as before, clean it up, use it, and smile!
Regards,
JT
JT,
Yeah, I did misunderstand you. But then, I've also found this:
http://www.thckk.org/sargent.html
Further down the page:
"In 1950, Sargent brought out their line of HERCULES Golden Cutter Planes", a mid--priced competitor to the Stanley DEFIANCE brand. Sargent also manufactured planes for Sears, Roebuck & Company under the CRAFTSMAN and DUNLAP brands. After 1955, Sargent marked planes became quite scarce."
-Chris

Chris,
Thanks, quite an intersting page; bookmarked it ....
Regards, JT
And here's another. Easier to find stuff now that I know to put together the keywords "dunlap craftsman sargent planes" :^)
http://www.craftsmantooltalk.com/BBS/Start_your_own_discussions/1293/1293/flat-page1.html

Here is a Craftsman 5CBB plane on eBay. You might want to email the seller.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=0&itema58521573&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
David
Thanks David! Finally, amazingly, found another. Though mine is a smooth bottom. But it still amazes me that there's no hits whatsoever via Google.
-Chris
On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 16:18:14 -0500, "DL"

that one doesn't have any brakes. how are you supposed to make it stop?