Craftsman OR35505 Tablesaw?

Hello Everyone,
Purchased a Craftsman OR35505 10" tablesaw for Christmas and am having trouble with it. It will not get up to speed and blows the motor circuit breaker 10 seconds or so after it is turned on. Plenty of line power, and circuit wire guage. This machine has a 1.5 hp induction motor. Tried it with time delay fuses same situation. Anyone have any ideas or similar experiences.
Thanks
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Time to get Sears service out to figure out what is wrong as long as you are running thru a too long skimpy extension cord
John
On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 15:33:08 -0600, "Art Lindquist"

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Be sure you're not running off an extension cord that won't handle the load. HTH
--
LoboMike

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
The motor is not getting the current it needs to run properly and it overheating.
You probably have too much wire (or too small a wire) between the breaker box and the saw; either house wiring, or an extension cord. Or there are other significant loads on the same circuit.
You should be plugged into a 20a #12 circuit, with nothing else on it. A 1.5hp motor draws about 17a when running, and about 50a when starting. That is a pretty substantial load. You pretty much need a dedicated 20a circuit for a table saw, or better yet, change it to 240v.
So, 1) What size cable is the circuit? 2) Are you using an extension cord? What size, how long? 3) How far from the breaker box is the saw? 4) Is anything else on the circuit when you are having problems?
Ideally you should plug the saw into a 20a outlet near the breaker box to ascertain that there is nothing wrong with the saw, but that might not be easy.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.