Craftsman Jointer Screws.

The screws you mention are the height adjustment screws. The cutters set on these screw heads.. The others lock the wedge like holder in place to hold the cutters firmly in the rotating head.
Adjust the cutters so they are all at the same height or else you will get a "ripple" cut.
Don Dando
Don Dando wrote:

No, we've established (see other responses in original thread) this cutterhead is one of the ones w/o the knife-height adjustment screws...unfortunate, and a pita, but so it is...although it's been a long time, I'm know thinking I recall the one like OP's I had didn't have them, either--but that's been nearly 30 years ago, now, so I don't recall for absolute certain.
These are the two (only) that lock the cutterhead to the shaft...
Don Dando wrote:

Hey Don. How come you started a new thread in reply to an existing one?

Because that is his shtick.

Hey, Don, how about quoting some context when you reply to a post, so that folks might have some idea what the heck you're talking about?
--
Regards,