Craftsman jointer.

I have this Craftsman jointer:

realised that the infeet and outfeet tables are not parallel. I read the instruction but it don't talk about it. Is it possible to adjust ?

Thank you !

S.B.

Reply to
SBO

Get ready to get your hands dirty. You may be able to adjust parallel with machinists shims. Machinists use them to adjust and set up milling tables and lathe turrets, etc. Those little bench-top tools are usually not very adjustment friendly. Open it up and see if there is an obvious adjustment, bolts, wedges,, if not see if shims or washer type shims will work. Be careful not to raise the out-feed table too far above the cutters. I don't know how much adjustment you have.

Tom in KY, USA

Reply to
Squarei4dtoolguy

If I recall correctly, the outfeed is cast into the jointer body, ie: it is an integral part of the jointer. It is possible to adjust the Infeed side though. There are four screws, one on each corner. You access them from the bottom. So, you need to turn the jointer on its side, and if I recall correctly, you must remove the drive belt to get at those screws.

> I realised that the infeet and outfeet tables are not parallel. I read the

Reply to
ks

I have the same jointer, just did the adjustment this past weekend. My table was out by a 5thou sag on the infeed, toward the operator.

Adjustment is via set screws on the infeed table, accessible after removing the bottom plate. Look for 4 hex head bolts situated around the motor (motor/belt removal not req'd) Loosen whatever bolt is located at desired adjustment point, then move the set screw to adjust and tighten the bolt back up onto the now adjusted set screw. Got mine to within about 2thou. Now if I could just get the knives out.......but that is an earlier post.

Reply to
OneThou

Thank you to all for the informations.

I don't understand why Craftsman don't explain this in the owner's manual.

S.B.

Reply to
SBO