Craftsman/Dayton bandsaw

I was wondering if anybody has used either the Craftsman or Dayton 14 or 18 inch floor bandsaws. I am in the market for a bandsaw with metal cutting ability, and these seem like viable options, primarily because of their variable speed. Generally, I am curious in their stability and power, how well balanced the wheels seem, quality of the guides, etc. Just as a curiosity, these two saws are basically identical in terms of specs, but for the fact that the Dayton, offered by Grainger, have 1/2 the horsepower of the Craftsmans, offered by Sears. Are Dayton and Craftsman the same? Are daytons generally of higher quality? Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks
Russell
I believe there are no bargains to be had at Grainger's>

"Dayton" is just an in-house brand name that Grainger uses. The actual product could be made by anyone. It is quite possible that the Craftsman and Dayton saws are made by the same manufacturer.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland