Craftsman/Dayton bandsaw

I was wondering if anybody has used either the Craftsman or Dayton 14 or 18 inch floor bandsaws. I am in the market for a bandsaw with metal cutting ability, and these seem like viable options, primarily because of their variable speed. Generally, I am curious in their stability and power, how well balanced the wheels seem, quality of the guides, etc. Just as a curiosity, these two saws are basically identical in terms of specs, but for the fact that the Dayton, offered by Grainger, have

1/2 the horsepower of the Craftsmans, offered by Sears. Are Dayton and Craftsman the same? Are daytons generally of higher quality? Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks

Russell

Reply to
rlb40

I believe there are no bargains to be had at Grainger's>

Reply to
no spam

"Dayton" is just an in-house brand name that Grainger uses. The actual product could be made by anyone. It is quite possible that the Craftsman and Dayton saws are made by the same manufacturer.

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman