Craftsman Compucarver Machine

I don't know anything about the machine. I have brought up a lot. Have you checked (maybe the sales promo page), the tooling it can use. The travel? If there was a ng for this machine it would all be written about this stuff; its code or on the subject of CAD. If it involved neither there would be no need for the newsgroup at all. I have explained all this.

Reply to
bent

I'm only too happy to do this:

't find any forums, 'cept a comment or two.

Reply to
bent

For a little more, see the post "cabinet building software", 05/01/2007 4:07 PM

and the link form there:

bent

Well there are 10 user ratings at that link and the overall rating from those people is 4.5 stars (out of 5). Of those review, 7 of them give it a perfect 5-star rating.

It might be of limited usefulness for most of the folks around here, but the people who own it seem to like it.

Reply to
Mark Blum

Well, the Rockcliff homebuilt machine looks like it can perform as well as the compucarve machine and cheaper.

$20 for the plans $70 for the material and parts $345 to $475 for the stepper motors and control board. Possibly cheaper depending on where you shop for em $159 for Mach III software

and a computer with a printer port

That's $594 to $724 depending on how elaborate you get with your stepper motors

That cost versus the almost $2000 for the Compucarve/Carveright system makes me say, I'll put >Well there are 10 user ratings at that link and the overall rating from

Reply to
strikerspam

Mon, Jan 8, 2007, 10:08pm snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com (bent) did burble: This is not in reference to you, but I am getting totally sick of people complaining about responding directly to them. Its an imperfect world. I can't even begin to explain this. Maybe I should do a terse thread. This thread is 30 messages long, and half way down its indented all th eway to the right then goes back again. If people are not respomding one after the other, how did it get this tangent.

Either you're just not getting it, or you're a troll in training. I decided to read some the posts following, before replying; you totally lost all credibility, as far as I'm concerned.

JOAT To listen is an effort, and just to hear is no merit. A duck hears also.

- Igor Stravinsky

Reply to
J T

Tue, Jan 9, 2007, 11:03pm snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com (bent) now burble: Sometimes it gets out of hand, but generally speaking I can go back and fill in the gray areas with simple text in brackets and it all makes sense. There is anything really important missing. Just a lot of it. Maybe I'll think along these lines in the future. I'm not on the subject of rocket science, and I don't want to feel scared about saying something (obvious afterall) quickly.

"Generally", eh? Which means that you "often" don't know what's going on.

"There is anything really important missing. Just a lot of it." What the Hell is that supposed to mean?

"I don't want to feel scared about saying something (obvious afterall) quickly." Well, looks like you're sure not scared of saying something stupid. Quickly.

JOAT To listen is an effort, and just to hear is no merit. A duck hears also.

- Igor Stravinsky

Reply to
J T

do I really need this?

Reply to
bent

it very obvious you have nothing better to do than follow me around correcting my synatx and grammar

Reply to
bent

The OP is complaining about the content, someone else is pissed off about some other.

All I can say is I am a man of steel. I do the best I can at all times. I build cars. Please do not not treat me badly wherever I go.

Reply to
bent

You're rambling, bud. Who are you talking to? (I know it's not me.)

Reply to
Robatoy

How much repeat carving are you going to do.

Yes I am a smart ass.

Weird sense of humor too.

Mark (sixoneeight) = 618

Reply to
Markem

can you remind all that this is either serious, or humorous, and not to confuse the two, or me with all this extra crap. I have no trouble dealing with all three, or a combination. None is a little to extreme, even for me.

Lives of great men all remind us We may make our lives sublime But in parting leave behind us Footprints in the sands of time

Reply to
bent

Big problem is that the only one who knows what or who you are replying to is you. No quoting, no context for others.

Mark (sixoneeight) = 618

Reply to
Markem