Craftsman complaint

Well, I've just about had it with Craftsman tools! I fired up my Craftsman shop vac today and it started smoking and sparking. Broken commutator wires. To the trash with this useless piece of junk!
Of course, I bought it in 1977 :-).

Why not "just repair it" with a soldering iron??? I know I would attempt it.
--
Alex
cravdraa - at - yahoo - dot - comment
Phil at small (vs at large) wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

good, although I'm almost afraid to use it. I think they stopped using that stuff around 1940 :-).

I can beat that. I have Craftsman 6 1/2 saw that I bought in 1963. Still going strong. All metal and really heavy. Will be using it this weekend to cut a 4x8 sheet of 3/4 plywood down to size.

==================I have a...... Craftsman , manual feed, 6 inch thickness planner Manufactured in 1937 yep 1937...
It still works...just fine..
Honestly I have not used it in a few years .. And there is NO dust Collection port... lol
My Dad purchased it new and used it well into the 80's on a regular basis Bob Griffiths
I have a 9" Craftman Radial Arm saw that I bought in 1973 when they discontinued that model, for $108 (My mother-in-law was an employee, so I got the 10% discount). Still going strong, but if the motor gets hot it shuts down for a while. Just the starting circuit. I have a sanding drum mounted on the back end of the motor shaft--if I give that a spin, it'll start running! :-)
Sears was offering $100 for the motor as part of their recall of radial saws that didn't have blade guards. I was tempted until I priced a new 10" RAS at the local Sears store. Yikes!
--Steve
Larry Blanchard wrote:

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:44:49 -0800, Larry Blanchard

having one that I bought about 1979 or 80, and won't die, I can say that your shop will now seem deathly quiet.. lol
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Real piece of crap, huh ????
I have two of the same... they have been tortured more than any tool known to man. They refuse to die.
Larry Blanchard wrote:

I have a Craftsman 1/4" all aluminum body router that I bought in 1961 or 2. Still runs perfectly. The funny thing is that the manual that cam with it specifically instructs to move the router against the direction of rotation. That was the way I learned. Got very smooth cuts but it took a while to get the technique down. Still do a climb cut on occasion.
Vic