CRAFTSMAN BATTERY REPLACEMENT

I have one of the Craftsman Pro LIne of drills and the batteries are soft. Our local Sears Hardware wants $86 for a replacement battery. Touring Home Depot I see Ryobi 18 volt batteries that look similar. I purchased the twin pack for $39. I took it home and it plugged in but did not match the bottom of the holder on the drill or light that I have but polarity was right and the drill worked. I remove the batteries from the Ryobi case and with a little cutting of the straps and rearanging the batteries I am now back in business. The contact post and the thermal sensors all stayed intact. It was a decision as to whether to discard the drill and light or buy new. I know some Sears stuff the batteries are low amperage. The Ryobi were 2000 ma.
Quite often you can find a new drill and two batteries on sale for less than the cost of a battery and a half.
Buy this setup and sell the new drill and batteries in the shiny new case and your battery replacement can be really inexpensive.

And you would, wouldn't you?

Check online.
I bought batteries for my Craftsman drill a couple of years ago from:
http://www.atbatt.com/product/6624.asp
I paid $38 each, but they're running around $47 now. Shop around a little and you might even find better pricing. They have more power and last longer than my original batteries.
You probably need a different battery than I did, but equivalents for most Craftsman batteries are fairly easy to find.
Anthony
BT98 wrote:

www.voltmanbatteries.com 1-419-526-1570
Just bought a 'pair' of rebuilt(mine) Ni_cads (2000ma) for $35 + 1_way ship this summer ... lasting longer that the OEMs ... :-)
Ed.