Craftsman Band Saw Model 29xxx

I've got a chance to buy on of these used. It has a hugh table (24"?) anyone familiar with it. Is it worth owning or a world of hurt? It's a 12" with 1 hp. Probably 5-10 years old. I'm not sure of the model number it's 29xxx don't remember what the last three digits were. Seven something I think. Thx.

Price?? Almost anything is worth buying at the right price! What is yor intended use? I have a Craftsman 12" bandsaw, the one with an aluminum frame. Works great for what I need. Will it re-saw 6" oak? No way! Greg
Update: It looked very similar to the 113.248xxx series also. But this one's only 1hp and I don't think it's electronic.

Oh my God...it's a tilt head saw. I'm having second thoughts. Any opinions on tilt head band saws?

if it's the cheezy one with the ribbed aluminum table it's too lightweight to do any real work on. the frame warps if you look at it funny and the tilt mechanism has so much flex in it that depending what you are cutting and the feed rate used you're going to get different angles. I know a guy who had one. every time I talked to him about it he would end up telling me how much he regretted getting rid of his 18" Walker Turner.     Bridger
On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:40:25 GMT, "LostInSpace"

I think I'm giving it a pass. The tilt head seems like a badly executed idea.

I recently saw part of a cable TV show touring the National Hardware show. They showed a tilt head bandsaw from one of the well known tool makers (not Sears but I do not remember who). It was touted as novel. Wonder if it solves the problems with the Sears? John