Craftsman Band Saw Model 29xxx

I've got a chance to buy on of these used. It has a hugh table (24"?) anyone familiar with it. Is it worth owning or a world of hurt? It's a 12" with 1 hp. Probably 5-10 years old. I'm not sure of the model number it's 29xxx don't remember what the last three digits were. Seven something I think. Thx.

Reply to
LostInSpace

Price?? Almost anything is worth buying at the right price! What is yor intended use? I have a Craftsman 12" bandsaw, the one with an aluminum frame. Works great for what I need. Will it re-saw 6" oak? No way! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Update: It looked very similar to the 113.248xxx series also. But this one's only 1hp and I don't think it's electronic.

Reply to
LostInSpace

Oh my God...it's a tilt head saw. I'm having second thoughts. Any opinions on tilt head band saws?

Reply to
LostInSpace

if it's the cheezy one with the ribbed aluminum table it's too lightweight to do any real work on. the frame warps if you look at it funny and the tilt mechanism has so much flex in it that depending what you are cutting and the feed rate used you're going to get different angles. I know a guy who had one. every time I talked to him about it he would end up telling me how much he regretted getting rid of his 18" Walker Turner. Bridger

Reply to
Bridger

I think I'm giving it a pass. The tilt head seems like a badly executed idea.

message

Reply to
LostInSpace

Reply to