Craftsman Band saw

I'm apprehensive to purchase Craftsman products but came across this ad for a band saw in Craigslist and wanted opinions.
What say the experts?
http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/tls/4417181726.html
Thanks
Sorry, wrong Craftsman band saw.
Try this one: http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/tls/4411792667.html
On Friday, April 11, 2014 12:55:15 PM UTC-5, Meanie wrote:

According to Sears, it's a "Hot Buy", at $359. http://www.sears.com/craftsman-14-inch-band-saw/p-00932607000P?sid=IDx01192011x000001&kpid932607000&kispla932607000P
The machine made in China. The price is made in USA.
Sonny
On 4/11/2014 12:55 PM, Meanie wrote:

No bargain at that price...
<http://www.sears.com/craftsman-14-inch-band-saw/p-00932607000P?prdNo&&blockNo&&blockType=G26>

On 4/11/2014 3:06 PM, Meanie wrote: ...

Don't know the particular one, specifically, but it's what it is--one of the Chinese knockoffs similar to the Jet/Grizzly/etc./etc.
I've seen some reviews of earlier version that rated it as a good buy for price compared to Jet/Delta but lighter and obviously why was less.
I've a _very_ old 10" Craftsman that's been adequate for what it is...
On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 13:55:15 -0400, Meanie wrote:

Looks a lot like:
http://www.rikontools.com/productpage_10-321.htm
A lot of Sears bandsaws are rebadged Rikons. I've got:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
and am happy with it, but don't know much about the other models.
On 4/11/14, 12:51 PM, Meanie wrote:

Nowhere close to that price. Their new ones are $350 or thereabouts and about the same quality. 10 yrs old? $200 in *pristine condition.*
--

-MIKE-

On 4/11/14, 12:55 PM, Meanie wrote:

Oops, ok, so those are the new ones I referred to in my first reply to your wrong link. They are $360, new and that mobile base is 40 bucks new. He's trying to get you to take them off him for what he paid. BS.
It doesn't matter if you just walked out of the store with an item boxed up and the receipt in your hand. It's USED. Might be "like new" condition, but USED nonetheless.
Like New, means mint condition. In mint condition, you start at 75% street price, which would be $300 for the package. The saw in those pictures has sawdust all over it, which mean it's not "Like New." I would shoot for $250 and try to meet somewhere under $275.
If you're willing to pay $400 for a bandsaw, the Rikon from woodcraft is a much better saw, IMO. Or the Grizzley for a bit over 4 bills.
--

-MIKE-

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-15-Amp-Band-Saw-with-Stand-DISCONTINUED-BS1400/202269178
$399 brand new, and it's a decent small band saw if you take the time to read the manual and set it up properly.