Craftsman Accra-Arm 10 inch Radial Saw 113.29411

Got this for free when i helped a friend move. Is it worth fixing up? was it worth anything when it comes down to woodworking?
On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 17:03:45 -0500, Slipslidinaway wrote:

I'm not much of a RAS fan, but free is free. Looks like it's a 60's-ish saw, so it's probably a pretty good one. http://files.owwm.com/PDF/Craftsman/113-29411.pdf Also, run the part number through Google and Google Groups.
--
Joe Wells

There is a safety recall on certain Craftsman RAS. I don't have the web site but the recall involved RAS that were sold without blade guards. My RAS qualified for the recall and I got a blade guard and new table surface. Perhaps others in this newsgroup know the URL. Its worth checking out.

If you don't like it I think you can still get $100 for it from the recall. Look at www.radialarmsawrecall.com. Personally, I like mine and think it's worth more than $100.
Lance
On 1 Jun 2004 17:52:44 -0600, Lance Spaulding

moved the arm off a 90 degree cut in more then 20 years ... Mine was NOT covered on the recall BUT there was no way that I would "turn it in " for 100 bucks....
Bob Griffiths