Craftsman 14 in. Band Saw #22424

Hi,
Just wondering if there's anyone out there that has/does use this saw and what there opinions were of it. Looking for a bandsaw for a hobby/garage shop.
Regards,
Dale

I'd say, for the same money or less you can and should get a real brand, like a Delta or a General. Or this one, Rikon: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category 784&item836321196&rd=1 I hear in this group that Rikon are very desireable. But me knowing nothing about it (to be honest with you) I still would not start out with a $469.99 Craftsman when "real" brands are out there, in the same price range. And even then, a lot depends on warrenty and company service policies of makers. Sears charges a serious premium on replacement parts.
Alex
AArDvarK wrote:

One catch with the Rikon (that model anyway--don't know about the others they make) is that it won't take a riser block so the resaw capability is limited.

--
--John
Yup. Been looking at them as well as one by Jet and Grizzley. All appear to be find saws, although I'm a little leary of the Rikon. Not because it isn't a good saw. Just doesn't seem to be that many places carrying them yet.