Craftsman 12" bandsaw - help

I've had my Craftsman 12" tilt head bandsaw stored for the last several years. It was put away with the sanding belt attachment attached. I unscrewed the sanding bar thing and it seems.......that........well........ I've forgotten how to set up the upper and lower blade guides. My manual has vanished. I think the bearing wheel is placed about 1/32 behind the blade and the same with the side guides. Yes? Does the lower guide require side guides (black things)? If so, mine have vanished along with the manual, where can I get some along with a missing hex screw? I guess the real question is: What are the model numbers for the hex screw and side guides? If someone would be so kind as to post a photo of upper and lower guides or a link to one (I've searched the web with no luck), it would be much appreciated.

Gary

Reply to
Gary

Have you tried the Sears site for parts? They are usually good. The wheel shoud be set so the blade runs as deep in the guides as possible without the teeth hitting. As soon as you cut, the blade will ride on the wheel.

The side guides should be as close to the blade as possible without undue friction or catching on the weld. The idea is to keep the blade straight while cutting.

You can make guides from nylon, delrin, or hardwood. Your saw probably uses the round guides, so it's easy. If using one of these materials, you can let the blade go beack farther and squeeze the guides in while the blade is running. That will make clearance for the teeth and set the guides against the blade lightly.

seems.......that........well........

Reply to
Wilson Lamb

If, after you get it sat up and the blade wander, contact me for a real solution.

Reply to
Joe "Woody" Woodpecker