craftsman 10" radial saw table size question

I was just given a Craftsman 10" radial arm saw Model #: 113.197702 It has no manual and no table top. Can anyone tell me the correct thickness and size of the front table, fence, and back table? Thanks!
snipped-for-privacy@ford.name wrote:

Manuals appear to still be available from Sears. So are the table parts, too... for over a hundred bucks plus tax and shipping. I'd go the same route you have in mind, and make my own.
The manual wouldn't help you with this, by the way. It doesn't give dimensions.

I have a Craftsman radial arm saw model 113.199250, which is substantially similar to yours (judging by the diagram at www3.sears.com).
Dimensions for mine are:
Front table 1" thick MDF, 40" x 18 1/4" Rear table 1" thick MDF, 40" x 6 5/8" Table spacer 1" thick MDF, 40" x 2" Fence 3/4" thick maple, 40" x 2"
If you can't find 1" thick MDF (and you won't at Home Depot -- check with cabinet shops, and the distributors that supply them), then use 3/4" MDF with 1/4" Masonite either above as a sacrificial top, or below as a shim. IIRC, you need the full 1" thickness, otherwise you can't lower the blade far enough to cut all the way through a board.

Glad to help -- hope these dimensions work with your saw.
--
Regards,
Check www.radialarmsawrecall.com, and see if you qualify for the guard kit. It comes wit all that stuff Frank
snipped-for-privacy@ford.name wrote:

Don't do anything except go to this website:
http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com /
You are in luck, they will send you a new blade guard and table...free of charge. I did it about 3 years ago.
snipped-for-privacy@ford.name wrote:

So far you have gotten one reply suggesting checking with Sears for a manual and a couple pointing you to www.radialarmsawrecall.com for a possible new blade guard and a new table. However, the other relevant bit of information is that the recall is being offered by the manufacturer of this particular saw, Emerson Tool Company and they may very well be able to supply you with a manual (it doesn't come with the blade guard kit). The good news is that while Sears will charge you for the manual, Emerson will likely send it to you free, but you probably have to request it separately from the blade guard recall transaction.
Lee