Craftman 16 ga. Finish Nailer Combo?

We're planning to get my father in law a Sears Craftsman 16 ga. finish nailer and compressor (combo kit) for Christmas ($289). Are they worthwhile or should we look for another type on the net or Lowes? Any suggestions or sources would be appreciated.
Most any oil-less compressor is going to be LOUD. Is he okay with the noise? I've got an 8 year old Craftsman nailer that sees regular use through the year and it's held up fine. No problems.
Bob

If he doesn't need 16, the 18 gauge electric nailer, made by Task Force, and available at Lowe's works great--I got one about a month ago, and so far, I'm pleased with it! Cost about $50!!
-- In golf, it's not the score that counts--it's the company!
snipped-for-privacy@exis.net wrote in message

Porter Cable CFFN250N combo kit from Coastal Tool (www.coastaltool.com) for $289.00 (plus shipping) about six weeks ago. Same compressor, appears to be made by the same manufacturer. In addition to the finish nailer, you also get a brad nailer throw in. Amazon.com also sells the same package for $299.00 (free shipping).
Plus then you have an excuse to buy $200.00 more so you can get the Porter Cable rebate (get 75.00 or a free tool when you buy $500.00 worth of Porter Cable tools). Just tell the wife "Hey, if I don't do it, it's like throwing away money". By the time she figures out your logic, it's too late.
Since I've had it, I've used the brad nailer to build a drill press cabinet ("Just a few brads to hold it til the glue dries") and used the finish nailer to put in new baseboard molding and chair railing. It really makes thing so much easier. Whatever package you get, your father-in-law will love it.
Also, if you do get the sears model, I just noticed it's on sale for 274.00 on their web site (free shipping but you have to pay sales tax).
snipped-for-privacy@exis.net wrote in message

For $299, get the Porter Cable combo that includes a 16 ga finish nailer, 6 gal compressor, AND a bonus 18 ga brad nailer.