coverting motors to 240 v.

Am considering changing my table saw and dust collector to 240v. from 120v. Will any difference in power be achieved. Advantages and disadvantages in doing this? Thanks, John M.

Reply to
John Marshall

You will see the same or slightly better performance from your machinery. The advantage is that the current to the machines will be less allowing the safe use of smaller wire size (as in cost of copper). If the wire size is marginal now, you may see significant performance increase after the change to 240V. Dave

Reply to
Dave W

All things being equal, you can do longer runs with the same size wire. Downsize is using more spaces in your sub-panel. Power won't be any different unless your 120v wire is undersized now or you have one of those Delta's with different windings on the motor.

Reply to
Duke of Burl

"John Marshall" wrote in news:6c9cb$4379caa9$d80c32f7$ snipped-for-privacy@NAXS.COM:

I did both my TS and DC a month or so ago. The advantages to me were (1) TS spins up faster (2) DC stopped popping breakers.

Reply to
Patrick Conroy