Covers for Wooden Picture Frame Corners?

I sometimes see nice items in frames with corners banged up from abuse, transit and rough storage to the extent that quality repair or local restoration would involve effort the object as a whole might not justify.
Does anyone offer fittings in brass or other metals that would decoratively conceal such a problem?
If there is a generic name for the item, it would be appreciated, along with the mention of suppliers and other suggested approaches.
Regards,
EH
You might check out the following from Woodcraft. Don't know if Rockler or Lee Valley make similar. Search for chest strap and chest corner: http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2001033/2820/Chest-Corner-2-x-34-2.aspx http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2001033/2819/Chest-Strap-2-x-34-2.aspx

Lee Valley has some campaign chest corners that might suit your corner protection. http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware/page.aspx?p@170&cat=3,41427,41382&ap=1
The only question I'd have if I was using them for what you're asking is how thick they were. The thicker the corner protection, the more different the corner would look.
Edward Hennessey wrote:

Google "trunk corners"
--

dadiOH

For obscure historic reasons we call those brackets, handles and corner braces which are let in flush "military chest" hardware.
Tim w