Couple of new toys... Gloats or No Gloats??

While shopping for other peoples presets, I ran across a couple of items that I thought Santa could give me and save my wife the trouble of having to shop for me. Aren't I a good husband??
Anyway, wanted to know if these qualified as gloats...
Been looking at Biscuit Joiners for a while, but never jumped in. A while back the general opinion here was that the PC 557 was a good choice along with the shim that was being made by a guy here on the rec. I just hated to part with the $199 it was going to cost me. Well this past weekend HD had 20% off all power tools, plus I had a $50 gift card that I had been given a couple month back for my Birthday. So I finally jumped on the PC 557. All totaled, I was out about $120 after tax.
Then I wandered in to Lowes and passed the clearance rack. There was a B&D 18V 5 tool combo sitting there. Circ Saw, Recip Saw, Drill, Light, Radio/Charger and "AA" powered screwdriver. Normally $149, marked down to $75. Snagged that as well.
Now all I need to do is find someone to give me a good deal on a few more hours per day so I can spend a little more time in the shop!!!

All
----Forgot to mention the $30 gift card by mail, so when/if I get my gift card, total out of pocket will end up being approx $90.

B&D
Correction... if you fill in the rebate form....your total cost for a brand new PC557 will be $60. Now that qualifies as a gloat...
Bob S.

There's also a $30 rebate direct from PC for the PC 557. Since you addy is munged, I'll post the pdf form to ABPW.
Subject will be Porter Cable PC 557 Rebate Form (shouldn't have any problem finding that)...
Bob S.

All
B&D
How can you get the $30 gift card from HD as well as the PC rebate? Don't they both need the original UPC bar code from the box?
Bill

having
while
along
hated
had
given
more
Well.....he said he got a $50 gift card from HD back so no UPC is required on that and the $30 rebate is from PC.
Bob S.

items
down
HD offers a $30 gift card with the purchase of the 577. PC offers a $30 rebate...I have the form. The only problem is that both rebate forms require the same "original" UPC bar code. How do you get around this?
Bill

HD
557.
was
Wasn't aware that HD was also offering a $30 rebate. The PC rebate form say's it can't be used with any other offer - so pick one.
Bob S.

choice
just
weekend
been
Light,
few
Send the origional bar code to PC and a copy to HD. All HD can do is reject it.
Bob S. wrote:

you don't need the shim with the newer 557, dude.
dave