Counter top

Page 6 of 7

Don't get your hopes up, Lew. This collection of tools won't be headed to the good will bin! You will have to do your tool shopping elsewhere! I have heard Kmart has some nice tools! ;-) Greg
On 5/1/2010 9:05 AM, Greg O wrote:

What exactly does your speaking voice sound like given that you end every sentence with an exclamation point?
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
"Greg O" wrote:

------------------------------------------------------ If your woodworking skills are on a par with your reading compression skill set, your tools needs can be adequately met by shopping at the 99 cent store.
No need to insult K-Mart or GoodWill.
Lew

Sorry, I did not mean to insult your tool supplier! ;-) Greg
On Sat, 1 May 2010 09:54:00 -0700, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"

Damn, why don't you guys just plonk the bastard and be done with it?
-- Courage is the power to let go of the familiar. -- Raymond Lindquist
scrawled the following:

You seem like a level headed fellow, perhaps you can answer a question. Why did so many people get their knickers in a twist over a simple question?
On Sat, 1 May 2010 22:10:39 -0700, the infamous " Rumple Stiltskin"

I don't know what the question is. I have the gent plonked. but causing knickers to get twisted is what trolls do. That's why I suggest that they join me in plonking the folks that bother them. Life's too short to suffer fools.
-- Courage is the power to let go of the familiar. -- Raymond Lindquist
scrawled the following:

Because they are having fun? Greg

There seems to be allot of reading compresion problems here. The first 2-3 guys to respond to my first post wanted to warn me of the hazzards of laminate, insted of aswering a simple question! Greg
On 5/2/2010 5:10 PM, Greg O wrote:

It seems ironic for you to claim that people reading your posts have comprehension problems when you have five misspellings within those two short sentences.
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

My spell checker fails me sometimes. Greg

They didn't know what you meant by "insted".
Max (couldn't resist)

You can laugh if you want to but I have considered the economics and with my propensity to collect tools the financial wisdom says to sell the tools.
Max (ain't gonna happen)

True enough! Nice thing about a well equiped shop is very often you can spend a bunch of cash, and the weekend building something you could have bought for $50. Greg
"Greg O" wrote

You have obviously figured us all out. That is why we spend so much time bitching and whining with one another. Cause woodworking is just so...o...o...o...o...o...oo HARD.
On Apr 30, 10:05pm, "Lee Michaels"

Duh, I yum getting a HAMMAR, LEE!
On 4/30/2010 9:16 PM, Greg O wrote:

After hearing from the "pros" here how persnickety, fragile, and flammable solid surface was, I lost all interest in it. And in them. Their real issue seems to be that they seem to think that they are obligated to provide warranty service on a product someone else installed with no expectation of a warranty.

Somebody here stated that solid surface (quartz, granite, Corian-like) is flammable? Cite please. If you can't cite (which I know you can't) it just proves once again that you talk out of your ass.
love,
Rob
On 5/01/10 1:35 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Rob, send it to Iceland, maybe they can get my granite counter top to go up in flames. It just isn't going to happen in my kitchen.
My wife has tried. ;-)
--
Froz...

Corian and -like products have high fire ratings which allow them to be installed in the most demanding applications. People who actually do their homework know this. Granite is hard to light, LOL... even in Iceland they, at best, would be able to melt it.. but burn? Naaa... that takes a bit more.