Counter top

On Sat, 1 May 2010 09:46:59 -0700, the infamous "Lew Hodgett" scrawled the following:

I agree, wholeheartedly. You misquoted me.

-- Courage is the power to let go of the familiar. -- Raymond Lindquist

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sat, 01 May 2010 13:22:37 -0500, the infamous " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" scrawled the following:

I've seen removable grass carpet inserts for countertop use. Tres chic.

-- Courage is the power to let go of the familiar. -- Raymond Lindquist

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sat, 1 May 2010 15:07:40 -0400, the infamous "Lee Michaels" scrawled the following:

Tat's what I was thinking when I wrote that last item about removable grass inserts. 1/4" ply with astroturf on top and a rim around the sides, slid onto the counter and could be removed. (I think they used it for pet maintenance, whatever the flock that is.)

-- Courage is the power to let go of the familiar. -- Raymond Lindquist

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sat, 1 May 2010 09:54:00 -0700, the infamous "Lew Hodgett" scrawled the following:

Damn, why don't you guys just plonk the bastard and be done with it?

-- Courage is the power to let go of the familiar. -- Raymond Lindquist

Reply to
Larry Jaques

If you're Tiger, perhaps. Though I don't think he'd have the grass carpet near the munchies.

Reply to
krw

Far too difficult. You need to call a pro! :p

Reply to
Rumple Stiltskin

You seem like a level headed fellow, perhaps you can answer a question. Why did so many people get their knickers in a twist over a simple question?

Reply to
Rumple Stiltskin

On Sat, 1 May 2010 10:46:59 -0600, Lew Hodgett wrote (in article ):

Epoxy grout rules!

-BR

Reply to
Bruce

"Larry Jaques" wrote

But I only have to replace the tile countertop when I get tired of it. Which may be....never.

Max

Reply to
Max

Jeez, Lar, where do you live where the "surface" gets "ice cold". I can only imagine how refreshing that would be during a typical El Paso summer.

Max

Reply to
Max

On Sat, 01 May 2010 23:53:27 -0500, the infamous " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" scrawled the following:

Tiger'd prolly use shag rug on the countertops, dining set, kitchen floor, shop floor, and anywhere else he could shag a mistress, eh?

-- Courage is the power to let go of the familiar. -- Raymond Lindquist

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sat, 1 May 2010 22:10:39 -0700, the infamous " Rumple Stiltskin" scrawled the following:

I don't know what the question is. I have the gent plonked. but causing knickers to get twisted is what trolls do. That's why I suggest that they join me in plonking the folks that bother them. Life's too short to suffer fools.

-- Courage is the power to let go of the familiar. -- Raymond Lindquist

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sat, 1 May 2010 22:07:03 -0700, the infamous " Rumple Stiltskin" scrawled the following:

I installed it. I think I could replace it. I'm a licensed contractor and my name's not, uh, Greg, so your taunt didn't work. ;)

-- Courage is the power to let go of the familiar. -- Raymond Lindquist

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Cold works for baking, too. SWMBO loves the granite in this house. She wouldn't look at any other surface, now.

Reply to
krw

On Sun, 2 May 2010 08:41:57 -0600, the infamous "Max" scrawled the following:

Many people drop things on it, chip it, and break tiles. Most don't seal the grout often enough and it stains and must be replaced, etc.

But if you're happy with it, go for it.

-- Courage is the power to let go of the familiar. -- Raymond Lindquist

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sun, 2 May 2010 08:47:21 -0600, the infamous "Max" scrawled the following:

In a northern state, Oregano, and that's figurative ice, Max.

Fry eggs on it, eh?

-- Courage is the power to let go of the familiar. -- Raymond Lindquist

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I find it is great for defrosting meat, and such, as well. Seems to warm it up, or draw the cold out, whichever, better than any other counter I've ever used.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You need to call yourself, then. If you don't have a landline and cell phone, just wander around the kitchen saying "Here, Larry, Larry, Larry! Here, Larry, Larry, Larry!"

:-)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

"Larry Jaques" wrote

, the infamous "Max" scrawled the following:

Fry eggs, bake bread, roast turkeys, But as the turkey *once* said, "It's a dry heat".

Max

Reply to
Max

You just don't know the incomparable joy you have created by giving me the go-ahead. If I get up there to Oregano this summer I'll stop by and see if I can freeeze my tootsies.

Max (but probably headed for points a little more easterly) (might even visit the Robot Boy in Sarnia)

Reply to
Max