Counter sinks

I need a countersink, but not sure which one. Would like it to be 3/4" diameter. How many different angles do they make in common countersinks found at the Borgs?
Steve

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countersink
Get the one that fit's your screws.
On 2/26/2013 4:00 PM, Steve B wrote:

These guys tend to sell more than most:
http://wlfuller.com/html/countersinks.html
There are others, but these guys have been in the game for quite a while.(1945)

I've found that ones with an odd number of flutes work best. The six fluted ones tend to make a hex shaped sink. Art

I bought one of these a few years back and can attest to its effectiveness. http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware/page.aspx?pA012&cat=3,41306,41328
Is there an easy way to sharpen a countersink's edges? I have several old ones, with 7 (small ones) and 10 flutes each. http://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/
I think a couple of the files are diamond files. They were a clock repairman's tools. I've used them to file hand/auger drill bits, but their edges are more accessible than the countersinks' edges.
Sonny

old ones, with 7 (small ones) and 10 flutes each.http://www.flickr.com/phot os/43836144@N04/

pairman's tools.   I've used them to file hand/auger drill bits, but thei r edges are more accessible than the countersinks' edges.

Strong light, 3x reading glasses. Blue the bevel with a Sharpie. Most jewelers recommend filing while seated, not standing.
On Sunday, March 3, 2013 6:10:40 PM UTC-6, Father Haskell wrote:
way to sharpen a countersink's edges?  I have several old ones, with 7 ( small ones) and 10 flutes each.http://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/ > I think a couple of the files are diamond files.   They were a clock r epairman's tools.   I've used them to file hand/auger drill bits, but the ir edges are more accessible than the countersinks' edges. > > Sonny Strong light, 3x reading glasses. Blue the bevel with a Sharpie. Most jewelers re commend filing while seated, not standing.
Thanks. I would have never thought to mark the bevels. Same garage sale a s the files, I bought 2 magnifying lamps, for $1 each. Here's my chance to use one.
Seated, aye? So, that allows for a beer, also, right?
Sonny