Could you whack an inch off?

Page 3 of 3
On 10/5/2012 1:36 PM, RonB wrote:

Absolute heirlooms, which are guaranteed to one day be priceless ... they are beautiful!
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 10/5/2012 1:36 PM, RonB wrote:

in the $1,500 and up (way up) range. Mine is a whimsical take-off of about three different patterns I picked up over the years plus about 1/3 my own design. I have a 16" x 44" x 2-1/2" slab of walnut in the garage now and I'm pretty sure it contains a horse body. Maple on the top row of my rack will make the rockers. Smaller chunks of cherry and Myrtle wood will do mane, tail and details. Just need to it get going.

Great work and superb wood and grain selection!

in the $1,500 and up (way up) range. Mine is a whimsical take-off of about three different patterns I picked up over the years plus about 1/3 my own design. I have a 16" x 44" x 2-1/2" slab of walnut in the garage now and I'm pretty sure it contains a horse body. Maple on the top row of my rack will make the rockers. Smaller chunks of cherry and Myrtle wood will do mane, tail and details. Just need to it get going.

Great work, I have some things I make and the family loves them but then they start saying you could make this or that and sell them and street fairs. My mother was trying to get me make wood coasters. I have to keep reminding them there is a reason I'm still a licensed master electrician. So I guess I understand where Sonoma Products is coming from. I want to make what I take enjoyment in.
Mike M
You just have to laugh when you hear something like this. It's like giving the Mona Lisa to a kid who wants to play with their finger paints. I think you have the right idea . . send them to the local Ikea . . they will think it's fine furniture!