could someone help me set up my radial arm saw table

Hello, i purchased a used craftsman radial arm saw 10 inch the problem is it came with no deck top on it can anyone send me pics of there decks to see which one would work for me . i am not even sure where to start to get a good straight guide or anything i have a 20 inch wide by 72 inch long sheet of smooth one side and rough other side sheet of 3/4 inch plywood i am not even sure this is what i need to start with or what. i am just getting into wood working any help or ideas or suggestions or a place on the net to view different styles would help thanks
The ply you should have is a bit thicker then 3/4 but I would imagin what you have would work. Push the motor all the way back and figure out where the fence needs to be, then cut the front table, use a 2' square to ensure you are...square. Next cut a 1x2 fence and then cut the remainder of the back table. you shoud have some screw clamp deals on the back of the saw to push the back table to the fence. If you want to rip stock, you may need to cut the back table into two parts so you can move the fence; I think that is whay they do that????
You may want to look online or just go to the sears near you and look at what I am attempting to tell you! Good luck.
Mike Coonrod
GARAGE OWL wrote:

There is a page here that covers a new table for a Black & Decker model:

--
http://sawdustmaking.com

http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com /
As part of my closing on my house this past summer, I became the owner of a 10" RAS. It was in pretty bad shape, I checked the recall and received a new table in the recall kit.

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:48:49 -0500, "Timothy McCloud"

I keep hearing about this new table thing for the recall, but everywhere I look about the recall, all it talks about is the blade guard. Anyone know what link I can follow to find out about the table?
Chris Mooney
This link gives a manual for the replacement and installation
ftp://radialarmsawrecall.com/pub/sp5983-2.pdf

decks
I got my guard replaced along with a new table by Emerson. You need the new table because the guard won't work with the old one, therefor you get a new one free.
Christopher Mooney wrote:

Ahhh. Figures! I just went out to the site and discovered that my model is not covered for the guard! Oh well, I guess I lose out on the free table.
Regardless, I am enjoying my new (old) saw and all the cuts I can do on it.
Chris Mooney
Find the model number on your saw and go to www3.sears.com. You can most likely get the instruction manual and view an exploded drawing which will help you see what you need to make. Shoot, you might even be able to order the table parts if you don't want to make them.
Tom M.

GARAGE OWL wrote:

Here's the manual for the older Craftsman:
http://owwm.stangii.com/Radial_Arm_Saw_Owners_Manual_113.29410.pdf
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio