Corrugated fasteners.

I used to use a Paslode corrugated fastener gun to edge-join slabs of PB to create countertops shapes prior to laminating. Such gun, these days is a lot of money... like $500.00 I did find a XC1016 Spotnail gun, but up here, in Kanukistan, they still want over $500.00 if one includes shipping and a minimum of 11,000 fasteners (real number, btw) For the odd time I will still do a laminate top, I would still like to find a way to join two pieces of particle board substrate in a flat and strong fashion. Tonight, I used my Kreg jig and the end result of my test was rather promising. Now I'm thinking if I added a couple of biscuits and/or used a routed glue-joint (either wavy bit or glue-up joint) AND pocket screws...??
Any other ideas?
Robotoy,
I have done the same as you with the corrugated gun. It was fast and fairly strong. But now that I do this more or less as a hobby now, I just use corrugated fasteners with a hammer. They still hold the same. I have even fastened my pine face frames with them for a formica cabinet. Two from the back side and one in the center from the front.
-Regards
Bruce

Hammer, eh...mmm..are you using the same fasteners as those supplied for the guns?
That is certainly one of the things the Kreg was designed to do. The more you use their tools, the more you like them.
I have built several large cases using biscuits and pocket hole screws in combo and it's a pretty nice combination. The biscuits "line it up" and the screws "tighten it up".
The "original" purpose of the Kreg was face frames, so all you are doing is "large" face frames ????
Robatoy wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@BULLtopworks.ca says...

http://www.mcfeelys.com/product.asp?productID=FSC-0020

Good one!... Those can save a lot time in the right application. Never seen them before...I guess I don't get out much, eh?
Thanks, Doug.

I saw them for the first time about five weeks ago at the Woodworking Show.

Don't mention it. Glad to help.

--
Regards,
Swingman wrote:
<<Now, if Norm was as bad as everyone say's, and was a REAL old time carpenter, the famous quote would be:
<<"Just a few corrugated fasteners hammered in to hold it 'til the glue dries"
Now that picture made me LMAO. I could just see it perfectly; Norm with glue all over his fingers and just bashing that fastener into place. Perfect!
Robert