Correlation: Woodworkers and Computer Vets

Page 3 of 3
On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 02:12:57 GMT, the infamous basilisk

Smart-mouthed young punk. I oughta turn you over my knee... ;) Nah, we're both 2nd Halfers.
--
A book burrows into your life in a very profound way
because the experience of reading is not passive.
Larry Jaques wrote:

Ah, yer an old codger; I wasn't born til 59.
/after moving 10 tons of rock today, I don't feel young. Even using the tractors, there's still a lot of hand work in it.

Rob Leatham
On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 22:07:53 -0700, the infamous Mark & Juanita

I lifted about 100 lbs of weeds out of a lady's yard yesterday, one by one through the stones in her yard. My finners are toast. She's 1 of only 2 landscaping clients I have right now. I don't mind weeding or mowing occasionally for $30/hr. I have a welded wire fence to put in today, and I'm not looking forward to that at all. T-post setting and wire lifting aren't fun. Maybe I'll finish the cedar & PT fence today instead...
--
A book burrows into your life in a very profound way
because the experience of reading is not passive.
snipped-for-privacy@triton.net wrote in

Wow, I had no idea I was dealing with such old people. I'm just a baby compared to most of you. I'm less than half of 60.
Puckdropper

Think of yourself as a prodigy.
(No, not Prodigy. That experiment sucked real bad!)
"Puckdropper" wrote:

You and my grandkids..................
BTW, age is a state of mind and hopefully an indication of accumulated knowledge.
Lew

Hey, do humans have a maximum memory limit? What happens when we get full?
Puckdropper

I forget ...
On 17 Apr 2010 15:31:30 GMT, the infamous Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> scrawled the following:

Considering that the brightest among us uses only 5-10% of his brain, methinks humanity has a ways to go yet before we start resetting ROM, except in Lew's case. (xox)
--
A book burrows into your life in a very profound way
because the experience of reading is not passive.
On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 07:50:24 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

I saw an article the other day that claimed that figure was untrue. Said we use most of it, but only 10% or so at a time.

Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> writes:

Some have a FIFO, some have a LIFO, some have a WOM.

Oh so rare
On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 05:10:14 +0000, Puckdropper wrote:

Yes, you are :-).
Just remember, growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
Or as us old bikers prefer:
You don't quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
(I've been riding since the early '50s.)

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 17:01:19 +0000 (UTC), the infamous Larry Blanchard

Old trucker never die. They just get a new Peterbilt.

They had scoots way back then? ;)