Corpulence

When I was young and tall and straight and - thin (and this was not so long ago) I could look south beyond my belt And down there see my wiggly toe

Both of them in fact A pair Of wiggly piggly toes And all the top part of my feets That were not hid by clothes

Some time back I came to notice My feets were gone My toes (and scrotus)

Hid beyond a vast horizon That had expanded as I'd wisened

(my wife insists I've merely widened)

(sigh)

The other day when in the shop I bent to grab a tool I'd dropped As I bent down my buttons popped That once held up my jeans

I swore at Messrs Coats and Clark Whose thread won't keep a button parked My arse exposed An so my tenders

(make a note to buy suspenders)

Lest you be oercome by mirth At my tale of expanding girth You must consider what it's worth To keep your body slim

Should I live on naught but greens At just the time I've got the means To buy myself a decent steak The very thought My heart doth break

No more beer nights with the boys (eating shit called "Healthy Choice") And all that frigging Atkins noise What's a man to do

I'll tell you that I've got a plan To conquer my expanding span A compromise Some give and take

I'll only eat when I'm awake

Thomas J. Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) (Real Email is tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet)

Tom Watson

Great Prose!

We used to call the disease DickDo.... (as in my gut sticks out further than my Dick Do...)

Philski

Reply to
Philski

Another masterpiece, Tom!

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Is that anything like a seefood diet? If so, count me in.

I have a penis down there somewhere, I think, on the other side of that big white hump.

Reply to
Silvan

BRAVO BRAVO!!!

SteveP

Reply to
Steven P

Ackshully it's better known as "Furniture Disorder" (OBWW)

Yer chest fell into yer drawers!

Reply to
Scott McCray

Hard to read while eating lunch!

Scott McCray wrote:

Reply to
Grant P. Beagles

One portly guy to another in the showers at the local gym:

"Have you thought about a diet?"

"Dye it? Hell, I don't know what color it is now!"

(insert groan here)

Rob

(who's loving the Atkins noise...to the tune of 46lbs!)

Reply to
Rob Walters