corporsate stupidity - again

I recently bought a medicated mouthwash product and found they had changed the taste. Not to my liking - tasted awful. So I went to their site and sent an email complaining and asking if the old product was still available. I got back the obligatory "your opinions are important" form letter. The next day I got another (form?) letter offering me a coupon so I could go get *more* of the product I didn't like!
I sent another email asking if they realized just how stupid that made them look. So far, no response to that one :-).
This has happened to me before with other companies - seems to be the standard procedure now.
Ah well, at least some of you will get a chuckle out of it.
On 4/30/2015 1:30 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

It is all about the bottom line.
On 4/30/2015 2:10 PM, Leon wrote:

^^^^
fify
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 2:30:29 PM UTC-4, Larry Blanchard wrote:

Some will chuckle, others will say...
"The old product is no longer available, so they offered you a coupon to help lessen the "pain" of having to switch. They didn't have to do even that and it doesn't make them stupid."
Wait a few months. Remember New Coke? I don't know if your new mouthwash will generate the kind of outrage us Coke fans put forth, but if there are enough complaints you may see (Brand name) Classic on the market.
On Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 1:30:29 PM UTC-5, Larry Blanchard wrote:

I did that with a Pet Food Company. My cat does not always like the product they sell, and I wonder who could blame him? I tried, and now add hot water to the food, to make it palatable.... So, I said, that with all the adds, and such, the cat does not like the food. They said, their test cats love the food. and sent me complimentary coupons to buy more of the same..... hummm? john