Corner Computer Desk Plans

I would like to build a corner desk against two walls in a room that is roughly 8x8 feet. I would like to put the computer keybord/monitor on the inside corner, and fill in the corner so that there is a straight edge across it, facing me. Any ideas on how to do this?

I have heard that buying a wood door is sometimes a good way to do something like this as it is very stiff. If I did that I would need one for each wall, and then have to cut a piece to fill in the corner. I'm not comfortable with how to attach that piece securely. I want it to be natural wood, stained.

Fred

Reply to
Fred Smith

I do this in three pieces. First I cut the corner piece with the grain running at a 45° angle from the left wall to the right wall. the sides of this center piece are cut perpendicular to the left and right walls and size it so the ends rests on the end panels of the left and right side cabinets. The cabinets are placed at a distance from the corner so that I end up with about 36" across the center piece. That is enough for a keyboard slide and mouse. I then cut two pieces of plywood for the left and right counter tops. I leave them a little long so I can lay them under the center with an overlap of an inch or so. I then scribe where the edge of the center counter meets the left and right counters. Cut down that line (I use a router with a straight bit and a guide) and you have three pieces that match up and fit against the wall. I fasten the three pieces with Tite Joint Fasteners (

If the top is plastic laminate with a wood edge, I laminate the three pieces separately. I then attach the three pieces together on the job and then install the wood edging.

Reply to
Preston Andreas

Check Wood Magazines plans. I built a corner one from their site. Cost of the plan is 9.95. You can also add extensions on to it.

> If the top is plastic laminate with a wood edge, I laminate the three pieces

Reply to
Joe