Corner Chisel for routed hinge mortises

Anyone here use the Lee Valley magnetic corner chisel for squaring up hinge mortises that you've routed? Or any corner chisel, for that matter. I was cleaning up a bunch today and was thinking that one might be quicker - and cleaner. Any thoughts?
JP
Jay Pique wrote:
| Anyone here use the Lee Valley magnetic corner chisel for squaring | up hinge mortises that you've routed? Or any corner chisel, for | that matter. I was cleaning up a bunch today and was thinking that | one might be quicker - and cleaner. Any thoughts?
I have the LV model; but haven't used it for hinge mortises. I like it but would like it a lot better if the magnets were about twice as strong.

Thanks, Morris. I saw the PC model Dan G. uses, which doesn't rely on magnets. I think I'll go with that one. What would be the benefit of having magnets hold the chisel, versus the PC style? Anyone know? JP

Grizzly has what appears to be the same thing for $5.95, versus $17 for the PC. JP
Jay Pique wrote:
|| Jay Pique wrote: || ||| Anyone here use the Lee Valley magnetic corner chisel for squaring ||| up hinge mortises that you've routed? Or any corner chisel, for ||| that matter. I was cleaning up a bunch today and was thinking ||| that one might be quicker - and cleaner. Any thoughts? || || I have the LV model; but haven't used it for hinge mortises. I || like it but would like it a lot better if the magnets were about || twice as strong. | | Thanks, Morris. I saw the PC model Dan G. uses, which doesn't rely | on magnets. I think I'll go with that one. What would be the | benefit of having magnets hold the chisel, versus the PC style? | Anyone know?
Update: Thought about this thread while building solar panels (with convoluted dados and straight mortises) this afternoon - as I pared dado corners with a 30+YO $3 Stanley chisel because that was the easiest and quickest way to get the job done well. :-)
I probably should have mentioned before that a straight chisel is a lot easier to sharpen than (probably) any corner chisel...
Are you asking if they are valuable tools?
I can't imagine hanging doors without one. I use the Porter Cable model <(Amazon.com product link shortened)> and I have not experience with the magnetic thing.
--
DanG

I use the same one and keep it with the butt pocket jig. I wish they had something similar for round corners. I sometimes have to hand cut the large keeper for Schlage dead bolts (on already installed doors) and we always seem to get them with the round corners.
Mike O.

Dunno, imagine it might be about the same as any other trim job, as good as your placement of the tool.
I just use a bench knife like the one midpage here. http://www.carvingpatterns.com/carvingtools1.htm
For small hinges, one, two and underneath too, though where the reach is insufficient to do so, two cuts and a pare with a chisel works.