The material, easy. The glue, much tougher
http://cgi.ebay.com/Corian-Solid-Surface-Boneyard-12-00-PER-SQUARE-FOOT_W 0QQitemZ7589196943QQcategoryZ46572QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
The local shops will also sell material to me, sans glue
Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org

I had some Corian I wanted to use without buying any special tools. I found a 7 carbide blade in my 10" table saw did a lot better job than any 10" blade I had. I destroyed one 10". I think the slower tip speed and the thinner kerf was the secret to getting a clean cut. The router worked fine for shaping the edges with carbide bits.
Michael, it's not bad to work. I've worked it with bandsaw, scrollsaw, router, and tablesaw. There are special Corian tablesaw blades, but other than that it's like the OP said, it works pretty much like hard wood.
Cutting boards are fun, easy, and make nice gifts.
See http://homepage.mac.com/heuring/Workshop/PhotoAlbum22.html for examples of stuff I've made.
Hint: find out who fabricates it in your area, and pay them a visit. You can usually find one by stopping in a custom kitchen place and asking. They'll probably give you all kinds of cutoffs, and since it costs about $10 per sq ft, it's nice to get it free. I always went back with a gift for the folks in the shop -- a cutting board, small statue, or such.
PS: It *does* raise a lot of dust, and it gives off a methacrylate smell when it's cut. I've had my fun with it, but I like working wood a lot more.

--
Vince Heuring To email, remove the Vince.