Corian fabrication

While there is validity to all of your comments, I can't help but believe that the main purpose is to keep the price up and create an exclusive environment.

Dupont sells, directly to the public, Imron catalyzed polyurethane, a much more dangerous to the user substance, and they don't seem to worry about the legal implications with that.

Their concern about warranty issue and backing their liscenced fabricators and installers is legitimate and appropriate. I just believe there should be a" buyers beware" market for the DIYer.

I've worked with it a little with small scale projects to know, while not without a requirement for skill, planning and knowledge, it is not rocket science.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

The material, easy. The glue, much tougher

The local shops will also sell material to me, sans glue

Reply to
Ralph E Lindberg

You make an excellent point. Why DO they sell Imron and its associated hardeners to the public? That shit will kill you. Corian adhesive is relatively harmless in comparison.

Reply to
Robatoy

Don't know. I know some auto body guys who won't even shoot it. I've used it a couple of times, once for a boat and once for a truck, however I always used a proper NIOSH respirator and the boat was done outdoors. But it is bad stuff if you're not careful.

You just have to hope the body shop supply guys are telling people what they are buying.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

A lot of things will kill you if you don't use/do them responsibly. Would you feel better if they started requiring a note from your parents?

Reply to
CW