Cordless drill recommendations?

Was it you who wanted $ 5.00 to light that doobie back in Vegas.... 1969??
Add pictures here
✖
"Robatoy" wrote
Was it you who wanted $ 5.00 to light that doobie back in Vegas.... 1969?? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ahhhh...., the Doobie Scenario.
I always noticed that when a stoner pulled out one of those things, he became very disorganized trying to find some fire. Sooooo....., I got myself some lighters and began closely observing my environment. When I saw the handrolled item being produced, I pounced with lighter in hand. The folks with the herb ware usually so grateful, they shared their herbal bounty with me.
Soooo....., I ran a Doobie Lighting Service. Didn't charge for it though. But I did share.
Add pictures here
✖
On Dec 28, 10:46 pm, "Lee Michaels"

We may have met. Not as the doober, but maybe as the doobee.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 11:50:21 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

I thought I was the only one that suffered from that. How come nobody ever talked about it back in the day?
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
✖
"John" wrote:

I had an 18VDC DeWalt for almost 10 years until it got legs.
Beat the crap out of it.
It didn't owe me anything when it left.
Have been told Panasonic has a good unit, no personal experience.
Lew
Add pictures here
✖
Lew Hodgett wrote:

jewel. Rebuilt the batteries a couple years ago (Primecell) but no other problems (accompanied by the sound of me knocking on wood).     whoopie,     jo4hn
Add pictures here
✖

I dislike cordless. The corded drills last a lot longer and my Milwaulkee is still going strong after 12 years of abuse. A lot more bang for your buck.
Add pictures here
✖

Corded drills are nice, but they don't fill the same niche as cordless. Like most people I have both. One is a Milwaukee right-angle job that I got for free because the switch didn't work. $17 later, it was good as new. It has so much torque I'm afraid it will break my arm if I'm not paying attention. But when I had to climb on top of the roof recently to drill a hole to mount the sensor for my furnace's humidifier, it would have been somewhat inconvenient to drag an extension cable with me.
todd
Add pictures here
✖

I picked up the Makita LCT300W combo set a few months ago, and love it. It's only a little more expensive than the drill alone, plus you get an impact driver and flash--no--floodlight.
One feature I love is the way the keyless chuck works. Center your bit, and turn the chuck, and it will click, getting tighter with each click. I haven't spun the chuck around a bit yet!
Puckdropper
--
On Usenet, no one can hear you laugh. That's a good thing, though, as
some writers are incorrigible.
John wrote:

I went with the Rigid Li-ion 18v primarily for the (free) lifetime service agreement: http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R86006-Compact-Lithium-Ion-Drill/EN/index.htm http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Power-Tool-Warranty
WHAT IS COVERED UNDER THE LIFETIME SERVICE AGREEMENT:
The Lifetime Service Agreement on RIDGID® Hand Held Power Tools, Stationary Power Tools and Pneumatic Tools covers all worn parts in properly maintained tools, including normal wear items such as brushes, chucks, motors, switches, gears and even cordless batteries...
They have several service centers near me so there wouldn't even be shipping charges involved when I need service.
--
I liked the size & balance of the Bosch 36618, (18v Li-ion, compact) but
the battery only has a two year warranty and it doesn't look like anyone

Years ago I bought the Sears 14.4 and later bought the C-3 19.2 volt drill (the latter came with a demolition saw, small skillsaw" sander and light).
I have enjoyed them and the tourque they both offeer. The 19.2 C-3 is the more powerful. It will use the 14.4 or 19.2 batteries and the cahrger will "do" either the 14.4 or the 19.2. I paid less than $180 for the 19.2 C-3 set which came with a bage that holds all the tools (nice when traveling!) and have no complaints at all.
I've used the DeWalt 18 volt years back and like it for its compactness, but not the price.
One of the 14.4 batteries has lost it recently (nearly five years of use) and I can't seem to find any replacement batteries for it - anyone know of a way to REBUILD THEM?
Anyway, for the money, the C-3 from Sears offers the best deal as one set of batteries works for all the tools you might want.
Add pictures here
✖
Went out browsing today and looked at -- and hefted -- drills from Makita, Dewalt, Bosch and Hitachi. Dewalt has a model 720, 18-v LI-ion, that's remarkably compact and comfortable. On-line reviews seem to give it high marks with no negatives, and the price is right in line with the other brands. I think my mind is just about made up. Thanks for all the input.
Reply-to address is real John
Add pictures here
✖

I still have my original Porter Cable 14V that I had when I opened Future Collectibles ten years ago. The batteries still hold a good charge and I still use it. I have also obtained an 18V DeWalt and am very pleased with it as well.
Jummy
Add pictures here
✖