cordless drill problem

I just changed the brushes on my bosch cordless drill. Now the drill will not start turning consistanly and when it does the speed varies is if I was feathering the trigger. Also the brush/commutator area sparks once and a while. Lastly, the brush area on one side ONLY gets very hot nafter I run it for 10-20 seconds. Any advice help would be appreciated
Thank Scot
srazor wrote:

The new brushes need wearing in uniformely.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Sparking is normal. Do the brushed need to be installed in any particular direction, up or down or side?

start turning consistanly and when it does the speed varies is if I was feathering the trigger. Also the brush/commutator area sparks once and a while. Lastly, the brush area on one side ONLY gets very hot nafter I run it for 10-20 seconds. Any advice help would be appreciated

You might want to open it up again and check if a brush lead Or other wire is shorting out.
Pete
srazor wrote:

start turning consistanly and when it does the speed varies is if I was feathering the trigger. Also the brush/commutator area sparks once and a while. Lastly, the brush area on one side ONLY gets very hot nafter I run it for 10-20 seconds. Any advice help would be appreciated

A brush that is tight in its holder will cause this problem. Check that the brushes are sliding easily, and if they are tight, sand them, one stroke on each side at a time, trying them after every stroke.